CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS
The Drakensberg serves as the ultimate location for any conference, and Cathedral Peak Hotel is the perfect venue. Surrounded by some of the Drakensberg’s most picturesque mountains, not only can you escape all the distractions of the office, but you can be assured that your delegates begin every day inspired by the majestic beauty of millions of years of tectonic shifts and thrusts.
Business knows that a conference is far more than a room with chairs, tables, a data projector and a set of speakers. If that’s all it was, you’d use the local community hall. Conferences are about collecting your people together, possibly the only time in a year, to think strategically, plan effectively and ensure everyone leaves inspired and on the same page. Leveraged properly, our property can offer your conference and delegates experiences and an environment that you won’t find within 2 hours of your office. It’s a little further than you might have wanted, but it’s worth every extra kilometre.
Cathedral Peak Hotel has a fully-equipped Conference Centre, and we can accommodate teams of any sizes (up to 200 delegates). Choose from 5 different conference rooms with our largest room seating up to 200 delegates. Of course our real differential is not our rooms and tech, it’s how we assist you to get the most from our incredibly beautiful and rich surrounds?
Spouses and families don’t need to miss out. The hotel can room up to 200 conference guests in 104 rooms – varying from deluxe and family-type accommodation to the exclusive Mponjwane Presidential Suite.
We’re experienced at catering for theme evenings, gala dinners, champagne breakfasts and braais. We provide superb cuisine of an excellent standard, and your conference organiser can negotiate individual catering or separate seating.
Whether it’s in our thatched Boma overlooking the immaculate golf course, or outside surrounded by the Drakensberg mountain range looking down the Umlambonja Valley, a hard day of strategy and planning gets an easy resting place for you and your colleagues.
Plan your next business adventure with Cathedral Peak Hotel.
- A tranquil location for stress-free productivity and relaxation
- Vehicle access to facilitate product presentation
- Resort facilities includes: 9 hole golf course with alternate tees for an 18 hole game, tennis, squash, floodlit mini-adventure golf, guided walks & hikes horse riding, trout fishing, bowls, badminton, table tennis, outdoor chess and bird watching
- The new recreational area includes a fully equipped gym, steam bath, beauty therapist, 2 heated pools, 1 unheated pool, 10m climbing tower & beach volleyball court
- 2 bars include Albert’s Cocktail Bar for formal drinks or Harry’s late-night action bar with pool table and dart board
- Helicopter sight-seeing flights or transfers are also available
- Resident conference coordinators help with organisation and arrangements to make sure of a successful and memorable conference
- Theme evenings
- Gala dinners and private braais
- Helicopter flights among the majestic mountains
- Fully inclusive conference packages at attractive rates
- Free use of conference rooms with facilities when delegates stay at the hotel
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Multi-variable seating arrangements in our conference rooms
- A boardroom and break-away rooms
- Large refreshment and service area
- Controlled heating or air-conditioning
- Secretarial help
- Ample secure parking on site
- Superb choice of activities and entertainment for partners and families accompanying delegates
- 1 x data projector, 1 x direct image projector,
- TV’s and 3 x VCR’s
- 3 x slide projectors and screens
- 3 x overhead projectors
- 1 x laser pointer
- 7 x flip charts/white boards and 3 x movable screens
- PA System including 1 x lapel and 1 x moving microphone
- “Mirrodex” flexirail system throughout for more versatile presentations (excluding Umlambonja and Mafifiyela)
- Fax, telephone, internet and email facilities
- 2 x Lecterns
- Copying and printing facility
- Writing packs and pens provided free of charge